Sunday, June 27, 2010

Photos from 'Trickster' events at ALA




Here are some photos from Trickster events at the American Library Association conference this past weekend. Lotsa fun!

Trickster contributing writer Joseph Stands With Many and I sign copies of the book on Friday night during a panel discussion called "One Nation, Many Voices." Joseph told a great trickster story about Rabbit and Wolf for the audience!


I did a book reading on Saturday afternoon. I was a bit anxious, as it's hard to read a comic. I did display some of the art to help convey the stories. (I thought I was a little stiff in my reading. I'm dreading seeing the video--I fear it may come of like I was stumping on a political campaign!)

Um, yeah, that's Benjamin Alire Saenz, the awarding-winning writer and poet, getting a copy of Trickster. How cool is that? Ben is a fan of trickster stories and we had a nice conversation about Coyote. (And I got a signed copy of his new collection of poems, The Book of What Remain. Awesomeness!)

I think this is the first time a nun bought one of my comics. (She's a fan of trickster stories.)

Chatting with folks.

Here is the puppeteer who does the character Theo for the wonderful PBS show "Between the Lions" (a favorite in our home). Another fan of trickster stories!